Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I know my Redeemer lives

Today was the funeral for the king of pop. Fortunately I was not able to watch the event. During my daily activities - getting the cereal & applesauce ready while John fixed the pancakes, both plain & chocolate chip, for breakfast, answering the phone, helping parents register children, calling parents to let them know their child's Bible had been found - I would find myself starting to think about the funeral & then I would start rejoicing that my KING is not dead. He is alive & loves me. I am very thankful that my entrance into heaven is not based on a lottery system. I am thankful that I can share & am commanded to share this good news with whom I come into contact. I pray that this is seen in my life.

Man of Sorrows! What a name
For the Son of God, Who came
Ruined sinners to reclaim.
Hallelujah! What a Savior!

When He comes, our Glorious King,
All His ransomed home to bring,
Then anew His song we'll sing:
Hallelujah! What a Savior!

No comments: