Monday, July 6, 2009

On the down hill side.

I have been on an emotional roller coaster today. I think it's because we've just passed the 1/2 way point. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel - the light where I can satisfy the selfish desires with which I've been struggling. These are things being done on a weekday such as: taking a long afternoon nap, fixing a meal at home, being able to eat in the quiet of my home, becoming a hermit & not leaving my house for a week, etc. But then I think about the children here at camp. Some have looked forward to camp all year. Some for just a few weeks. I pray they see the Lord modeled in my life...and that my selfishness doesn't get in His way.

A friend came this evening to get her child so I walked down to the chapel with her. The child had had lots of fun. She gave her mother the clover flowers she had picked for her and then talked all the way back to the car about her day. Another little boy at the chapel was throwing a fit for his mother. He was sitting on the ground saying his stomach hurt. The look in his eye was this was just for attention. I think he didn't want to go home. I think he wanted to stay the night.

Tomorrow eyes all over the world will be glued to their tv sets hoping to hear some news of the loss of one of their heroes. We pray we turn the campers' hearts to their greatest HERO. The One who paid the ultimate sacrifice for their sins.

No comments: