Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Beginning of the End...

Tomorrow is the start of the last week of camp. It is viewed with mixed emotions on my part.

Sorrow because it means the summer is almost over. Summer being over means school is starting. School starting means the campers will be thrust back into an environment in which they will be ridiculed for their beliefs.


Excitement because it means I'll be able to have a few days rest. Now I have to admit that after 2 days of rest, I'm ready for camp to start back up. I'm glad we're able to minister to the campers during the summer. I sometimes wish we could have a 2 day rest in the middle of the camping program.

Excitement also because we're able to start Bible Club back at the Girls Inc. Excitement because the Precepts Bible study with which we're involved will start back up - we're students.

Of course I'll still be in the office - my home away from home, as John refers to it. John will go back to the print shop. He has 5 orders waiting to be filled. We thank the Lord for these opportunities to serve Him.

My niece is planning on coming to camp this week. She is excited about it but is sure she'll miss her mother & sister. We pray she has a good time & that all the campers are kept safe this week. Her sister will probably come & spend one afternoon with her Aunt Kathy. I'm looking forward to that.

No comments: