Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A new month


It's hard to believe that today is the first day of September. Schools have started. Ballgames & practices are in full swing. And fall is just around the corner. I love fall - the colors of the leaves, the smell of wood smoke, the chill in the air and sometimes sitting around a bonfire with friends.

September 17 is the start of our Bible club. We pray as the year goes that our enthusiasm stays right up there with the girls excitement to learn about Jesus. Sometimes Thursdays become a dreaded day...another commitment, what am I going to do today, etc. I'm praying I will look forward to each Thursday as I do the start up of Bible club.

John leaves Saturday for the mission trip to NM. I plan on spending Labor Day with my sister & family. I'm looking forward to seeing my nieces & nephew...also my sister.

Tonight is Bible Study for us. We have spent a week looking in depth at 1 John 1. It's so exciting to hear what others are learning through this same study & how God is blessing them through it.

Tomorrow I go to the dentist & then get my hair cut. I'm excited about the latter - the hair cut. Not too thrilled about the dentist visit...will enjoy talking with Peggy, the hygienist, though.

No comments: