Monday, June 15, 2009

Going to the chapel...

Our regular chapel speaker had a prior commitment so one of the counselors led the chapel service this evening. He spoke from Psalm 1. He illustrated verses 1-2 in such a way I don't think the campers will ever forget what the counsel of the ungodly, path of sinners & seat of the scornful are.

Before chapel started I was talking to one of the campers. Greeting him by name, I asked how he was. "Excuse me," he stopped me. "How do you know my name?" "Well you were here last year," I said. "I know," he said. "I don't mean no offense but you're old." Smiling to myself, I said, "Old people aren't supposed to have memories good enough to remember names are they?" "No," he answered. "My grandmother is like 92 and she doesn't even know my name."


No comments: