Monday, July 22, 2024

Week In Review

This week has been a crazy week so let's see what I can remember

Monday - walked into work.  The building was as quiet as could be.  I breathed a quick sigh of relief for the quiet but then realized the heat pump was what made the noise.  This could only mean one thing - we did not have any air.  My suspicions were confirmed when I heard the General Manager talking to the sales guys saying he had called the landlord to report no air.  Fortunately I had taken a small fan to work last year and it was still there.  The weather was forecasting it to be a hot day - maybe the hottest day of the year so far.  I am near a large glass door so turned the lights off in my area.  When I left work the air people had not been there yet and it was 94* outside.  Stopped in to see Mother between work and home.

Tuesday - still no air.  Turned my small fan on.  Continued working on payables.  It is a never ending task.  Received notice that one of our overdue accounts had submitted payment so I forwarded that on to corporate.  The air people came around lunch.  A short in the compressor.  They would order a new compressor and currently have the air set to operate at 50%.  It had cooled down just a smidgeon when we left.

Wednesday - walked into the office and there was coolness.  By the end of the day though I wished I had turned my fan on around noon and maybe turned off the lights.  Continued working on payables and scanning.  Stopped in to see Mother on my way home.

Thursday - it was much cooler.  I don't think it got as hot outside.  I did not need my fan on at all during the day.  Worked on payables and scanning.  Also sent a few customer statements to our General Manager so he could contact the customer.

Friday - the blue screen of death greeted me when I arrived at work.  I shredded and then piddled around.  About 8:30-8:45 I restarted my computer and it worked.  Most everyone else's was operational around noon.  There were a few that had wait for IT to contact them with a code.  Went home.  John & I left.  We stopped in and visited with Mother a few minutes.  I took her my Jude Precept Upon Precept study.  Also I had a few family pictures I wanted to show her to have her tell me who they were.  She was able to tell me each one.  We ate at Chick-fil-A.  Then went and had the CRV washed.  John had received a pass for so many free washes at one of the area car washes.  We left there for John's parents and then ended the day at Wal-Mart.  It felt good to walk around some.

Saturday - we were to get our new washer.  I went and got my hair trimmed.  Shortly after I returned home a box truck backed up the driveway with our washer.  It had some damage so John refused it.  They should deliver another one this week (?).  I think they will contact John tomorrow with a delivery date.

Sunday - we visited a church in which a friend's husband is the music minister.  This morning a few songs re' faith were sung.  I was reminded of the song leader from my summer camp days.  I could see him standing at the front of the chapel and leading us in those songs.  Also could see his smile.  He is rejoicing and singing in the Lord's presence now.

Hope you all have a great week

No comments: