Saturday, July 13, 2024

Week in Review

Monday  -  was very hard to go back to work after being off Thursday & Friday for the 4th holiday.  Our check run is next week so all payables had to be to corporate by Thursday morning.  My goal with payables is to have them all turned in the evening before they are due.  Then if there is an emergency - one which I receive for the first time and it is due this check run - I only have to worry about those the day they are due.  I had hoped to devote most of Monday to payables but there were documents to scan in the computer and other things to do for the others so not many payables were completed.

Tuesday  -  the week is starting to make sense.  Feels more like a work week.  I was able to devote time to payables.  Got a little over 1/2 way through the alphabet - I organize payables alphabetically by vendor.  I'm not sure what we did Tuesday evening after I got home from work.  I think for supper John had fixed the scrambled eggs, bacon, macaroni mix we sometimes have.  Our chickens are being very productive.  We had not had this for a while for a meal.  We use a pound of bacon, macaroni and a dozen eggs.  We were able to use a few eggs for that.

Wednesday  -  I woke up thinking that Wednesday last week was our last work day for the week.  This week it's just half way through the week.  We would be finishing the upward climb for the week and then by noon reach the hump at the top and start the downward slide.  It was still a little hard to get motivated but I did make it to work.  Finished the alphabet for the payables.  When I got home we went to a big box store and purchased a clothes washer with a gift card we had received when the extended warranty people said our washer would take more to fix than purchase a new one.  We were very thankful for the extended warranty we had purchased and purchased one for this washer.

Thursday  -  received one bill that was due this check run so was able to get that submitted in time to get on the check run.  I worked on scanning documents into the computer the rest of the day - well until it was time to do the customer billing.

Friday  -  we are always excited on Friday.  I worked on scanning into the computer.  The last few days before the check run due date seem to have many more documents to scan.  This evening we visited Mother and John's parents.  Mother is leading a devotional on Sunday afternoon.  She had asked me to print 25 copies of Psalm 100 for her.  I took those to her this evening.

The weekend promises to be busy.  Niece is having a birthday get together.  John has an open house on Sunday.  Then there is a funeral and a wedding reception (close to the same time).  Not sure if we will go to one, both or neither.  I will hopefully be able to rest a little before starting next week.

Hope your weeks were good ones.

No comments: