Thursday, May 31, 2012

Things Heard in the Classroom

The younger elementary grades LOVE to cut, paste and color with markers (unless it's something the teacher has left for them to do).  Almost every time I am in one of those classrooms I get surprises from the students.  They will hand me items they have made and make sure I get a hug from them.  I wonder "do they think I'll be nicer to them since they've given me something"?  Here are 3 different items made by different students.





These were made by a 2nd grader.  She was excited to discover we share a birthday.  (I had subbed for elementary computer the weekend before our  birthday.  She came to computer wearing a tiara and sign saying "birthday girl".  That's how we discovered we shared a birthday).  She - like almost all the younger elementary students - sometimes forget my name and call me by another teacher's name.




Not wanting to be outdone her friend drew me a picture also.  This is from a floral arrangement in the teacher's window.  It actually resembled the bouquet.  Forgive the blurriness of the picture.




This was given me by a little boy in the 3rd grade.  He was adopted from Russia and his dream is to go to Israel.  One of his projects is to sell magnets he has made.  He will then purchase supplies (school items, clothes, food, etc.) for poor children in this area.  One day on the playground he was misbehaving.  The playground supervisor talked with him.  He told her he didn't want to do bad but that seemed like all he could do.  Of course she took advantage of the opportunity and shared with him the plan of salvation.  None of us can do good by ourselves.  Jesus came as a baby, grew up as a perfect man, died on the cross for our sins and rose again.  Currently He is in Heaven interceding for us.  If we ask Him to forgive our sins, He does.  The little boy walked away but came back just a few minutes later and prayed asking the Lord to forgive him.  He knows he is forgiven.  He will tell anyone and everyone.

No comments: