Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Pigeon Forge


Yesterday we were able to get away for the afternoon. We would have left sooner but I had a few errands to run for the ministry. They took about an hour. On our last stop, John realized he did not have his wallet. So we went home before leaving town.

Unfortunately it rained all day. The only vehicles we saw on the road on the way to Pigeon Forge were trucks - maybe a handful of cars. The trucks created quite a big splash as they passed us or as we passed them.

The first stop we made in Pigeon Forge was at the Russell Stover outlet store. They always have samples. The samples yesterday were the cream filled chocolates. I don't care for those.

Then we went to the Christmas store. I like that store. It was packed.

We stopped at one of the malls, drove into Gatlinburg but did not get out, then came back to PF. We stopped at a leather store, ate supper & then started back home. It was raining quite hard on the way back. We were glad to get home. But it was good to get away.

Today we have not done much. We went to Penney's to look for some jeans for John.

John is at choir practice now. I am home. But will return to church in a few minutes to get him. Hopefully the vehicles won't be parked at the construction company that were there when I got back home. I was a little scared & almost went to my parents.

Tomorrow is Bible club. I'm looking forward to seeing the girls.

No comments: