Thursday, November 5, 2009

It's Thursday


We have no Bible club today. I have felt kind of lost without having it to prepare for & then lead. But I have gotten several things accomplished today.

John has been finishing up the outside priming of the house. He had help when he was priming the front of the house but there is no help now. He was close to the end today. I kind of thought that it would be difficult...with him having to stand on the ladder & paint above his head. So stayed at home to be able to run out & hold the ladder for him. I was called upon a few times. Now just to get it painted. The weather is getting cooler. We are praying that the weather stays nice long enough for him to get it painted before winter sets in. I'm not an expert at home improvement projects...but I can't imagine it would be good to prime the house & then wait 4-6 months before painting. It would seem the primer would have to be put back up.

I have cleaned our dining room. That is the room in which we do our Bible study homework. Since our study is over until after Christmas, I decided to get it picked up in there. It looks a lot better than it has.

We also had a man come & give an estimate for putting in a heat pump. He did not give us any paperwork though. John had experience working with this company before (when he was in the electrical field). He & his fellow electrical workers were not very impressed with the company.

Tomorrow we go to a Girls Inc. regional meeting. It starts with breakfast. We'll have to leave early to come & be here at the house for another estimate. One of the companies which work on the camp's walk-in cooler also installs heat pumps. I had called them last week & they were to call me Monday to let me know what time they would be out to give us an estimate. They never called. I called them today & the lady said that when they had come out Friday (to do some cooler repair work) they had taken care of that. Well come to find out, the man who was going to do the estimate said he had been told we would call him.

Dave Ramsey's class is tomorrow evening & then Saturday. The first Saturday I have had off in a month. I am looking forward to being able to stay home.

No comments: