Monday, January 9, 2012

Happy New Year 2012!


It is this time of year I always wonder if I will ever remember to write the new year, 2012, instead of the past year, 2011. It seems like just yesterday I was having to learn to write that.

How would I define 2011 – if such a thing can be done?

2011 started out with a big move. We moved in with my parents for about 5-6 months. We moved off the camp property. As you all know this is a horrible time to get a job(s). And since we weren't currently employed, no one was really wanting to rent a home to us. I am very thankful that my parents allowed us to live with them for a while. We were able to get some much needed rest. I had not had much rest for several years.

2011 was a year of waiting. Waiting to see which direction the Lord would move us. And as we all know waiting is so hard. So what does one do while one waits?

One studies God's Word. I love the Precept method of Bible study. Precept teaches one to study the Bible inductively. One learns to ask the 5 W's (who, what, when, where, why) and the H (how) questions. We were involved in a study on Tuesday evenings. Oh the riches one learns when one explores the plumb line of God's Word.

This spring I lamented to my mother that I had never learned to make a pie crust. So she and I had a pie making day. I made a blueberry pie (with the store bought pie filling). My mother made a rhubarb custard pie. I have to admit my mother's was much more delicious than mine. Since then I have attempted to make at least 2 other pies...both lemon meringue.

During the summer another lady & I were able to lead a children's Bible study on Thursday evenings. We taught the children to ask the who, what, when, where, why & how questions. We spent 6 weeks studying Genesis 1&2. It was wonderful to see the excitement of little eyes as they saw for themselves what God's Word says.

This fall I felt ready to get back out in the work field. Some of my confidence had returned. I didn't feel ready to have a full-time outside the home job but wanted to get to know others. Through a lady from our Sunday School class, I accepted a substituting position. I have thoroughly enjoyed using my teaching license again. Most of the classrooms have the white dry erase boards. The first room I was in had a small chalkboard. As I walked into the room and was greeted by the smell of chalk, I almost cried. It felt as if I had come home. I have enjoyed getting to know the students and look forward to knowing I will be spending the day(s) with them again. The other teachers have made me feel very welcome. I have no problem asking them for help if needed.

What does 2012 hold? I do not know. But I can say one thing for sure: the Lord is here in 2012. He knows what is going to happen. He will prepare, guide, equip me for every situation in which I find myself.


No comments: