Monday, October 12, 2009

Visiting...


This evening I went to visit my sister & family. The girls were excited to see us & they were especially glad that Uncle John watched their Latin video with them & then watched Winnie the Pooh also. I enjoyed talking with my sister & nephew. I also was able to give her a facebook lesson. I think she will like facebook once she gets the hang of it.

After leaving my sister's, we went to the airport. Oma & Opa arrived around 8:30p.m. They were a little late getting to the airport in Frankfort so weren't sure they would be able to get on their flight but made it. Unfortunately the plane landed late in Philadelphia so they didn't have enough time to get through customs & to the place they needed to be for the connecting flight to Charlotte. Fortunately they were able to get the next flight out & then were able to get their original flight from Charlotte to the Tri. One of their suitcases didn't make it. We went over to their house after leaving the airport and left with 2 loaves of marzipan for my mother, some candy bars for the girls & then some chocolate for ourselves. About 1/2 of their chocolate is in the missing suitcase so I guess we will get some more when that arrives. We did eat some of the chocolate there at their house. They had been able to get some "unwanted" chocolate from a butcher shop. It is dark chocolate with a hint of orange flavoring to it. We snacked on that. And opened one loaf of marzipan to snack on. John came home with one box of Mon Cheris - chocolate covered cherries. That will be his to eat...I'm not too fond of them.

No comments: