Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Beginning of Fall


Our fall Bible study starts this evening. We are excited to get back into studying the Word of God with our Bible study group. This fall we will be studying 1 John. John & I have been reading one chapter of this book every night since July 1. Those of you familiar with 1 John might say, "well it only has 5 chapters." Well my reply to you is we've read it & then re-read it. If I've done my math correctly, we've read 1 John through 8 times since July 1. We are eager to get deeper into this book. If you're in the Kingsport area & would like to come to this study, it begins tonight at 6.30 at Indian Springs Baptist Church. Look for the cars between the "old" sanctuary & the metal building we refer to as the CLC. This evening we have both a men's study & women's study which combine for the video lecture time. The study will be offered again tomorrow morning - maybe 9.30. This is a co-ed group.

I have spent 2 partial days in the office. I'm getting back to full-time slowly. I got the checks deposited before it started raining. John came up to the office & got me then. I was glad he did because the lights above my desk had given out. He pulled the 2 bulbs out of the other fixture - which had been working. But as soon as he put them in the fixture above my desk, they did not work. We hope to get to Lowe's soon & check if a fixture or ballast is cheaper.

John cleaned out the cooler today. He then took all the food to the garbage and washed all the dishes that had been holding the food items. Next week he plans on making one more trip to Sam's to purchase cookie dough. Then will make cookies for the races for the weekend. He will also make a cake for niece who will turn 7 the following week. We will celebrate her birthday the day of the race. She & younger sister are all excited. Younger sister has already told me to make a space cake. Uncle John thought a rocket cake would be good. We'll see what kind of a cake we end up with.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

well good luck in your adjustment back to the office fulltime and out of the hot sunny waters of campground~~
good to see you on here, why did i not know you had a blog?

i am a "follower" now!! :)

let me know when the next study is that does NOT have kay arthur's voice... it is irritating to me... sigh