Monday, September 1, 2014

Only God could be so good!


A little boy came into class Sunday morning sporting a new pair of glasses...which he didn't like. He took his seat & would not look up at anybody. He looked so pitiful...you would think he had lost his best friend. I sat down beside him & told him how handsome he looked with his glasses & how much better he would be able to see. He didn't believe me. I talked with him for a few more minutes & then stood up to greet the other children who were entering the room. 


A little girl came racing into the room. After sitting down, she very excitedly asked me to look at her new glasses. She had just got them last week & absolutely loved them. She could see to read much better...they're reading glasses...she told me. 

Above mentioned little boy lifted his head with the most precious look on his face. He had to see her glasses to make sure he was hearing correctly.


Then another little girl stated (just as excitedly) how she liked to wear glasses also. She didn't need any but had gone to Justice and purchased a pair just to wear when she wanted (think fashion accessory).

Little boy's head rose even higher. He could not believe that people were excited to wear glasses. He did not lower his head anymore Sunday morning and except for one time during the lesson, his glasses stayed on the entire class period.

I thanked the Lord for how good He was to provide an answer (little girl getting glasses) before I even knew I had a problem (little boy getting glasses).

No comments: